More Japan for Less
The How-to Guide for Affordable,
Independent Japan Travel!
Table of Contents
- FOREWORD Japan has opened its doors wide to visitors
- INTRO Short history of America’s interest in Japan
- CHAPTER 1 Japan and the US…so much alike, so different
- CHAPTER 2 Why Japan?
- CHAPTER 3 Getting there for less
- CHAPTER 4 Plan your personalized trip
- CHAPTER 5 Cultural basics
- CHAPTER 6 Languages…barrier or opportunity?
- CHAPTER 7 What, how, and what not to pack
- CHAPTER 8 Your health and safety
- CHAPTER 9 Money management
- CHAPTER 10 Where to stay for value and to …
- CHAPTER 11 Your virtual arrival…step-by-step!
- CHAPTER 12 Getting around like a local
- CHAPTER 13 Driving (or not driving) in Japan
- CHAPTER 14 Restaurants and dining
- CHAPTER 15 Secrets of getting more Japan for less
- CHAPTER 16 Where to shop for great discoveries
- CHAPTER 17 Smart shopping…what to buy
- CHAPTER 18 Sightseeing and international events
- CHAPTER 19 Staying connected…cheaply or free!
- CHAPTER 20 Insights into sights; sounds of Japan
- CHAPTER 21 Capturing Japan through photography
- CHAPTER 22 Gift-giving etiquette and tips
- CHAPTER 23 Returning home
- POSTSCRIPT Thoughts on ways to truly experience Japan
- REFERENCE Websites useful to visitors
- VOCABULARY Summary of Vocabulary Words
- HOLIDAYS List of Japan’s legal holidays
- DISCLAIMER Legal Disclaimer
- ABOUT US About the author and editor