More Japan for Less
The How-to Guide for Affordable,
Independent Japan Travel!
Table of Contents
- Foreword Japan has opened its doors wide to visitors
- Introduction Short history of America’s interest in Japan
- Chapter 1 Japan and US…so much alike, so different
- Chapter 2 Why Japan?
- Chapter 3 Getting there for less
- Chapter 4 What, how, and what not to pack
- Chapter 5 Plan your personalized trip
- Chapter 6 Understanding some cultural basics
- Chapter 7 Languages…barrier or opportunity?
- Chapter 8 Health and safety
- Chapter 9 Money management
- Chapter 10 Driving (or not driving) in Japan
- Chapter 11 Where to stay to embrace Japan
- Chapter 12 Your virtual arrival…step-by-step!
- Chapter 13 Getting around like a local
- Chapter 14 Restaurants and guilt-free dining
- Chapter 15 Gift giving etiquette and tips
- Chapter 16 Secrets of getting more Japan for less
- Chapter 17 Where to shop for great discoveries
- Chapter 18 Smart shopping…what to buy
- Chapter 19 International events and sightseeing
- Chapter 20 Staying connected…cheaply or free!
- Chapter 21 Insights into sights; sounds of Japan
- Chapter 22 Capturing Japan with photography
- Chapter 23 Returning home
- Postscript Thoughts on how to truly experience Japan
- Reference Websites useful to visitors, vocabulary
- Holidays List of Japanese legal holidays
- Disclaimer Legal disclaimer
- About About the author and editor